Car accidents are a stressful experience; we want you to be prepared so that in the event of an accident you're not caught off guard.
Here are some helpful tips about what to do and what not to if you are involved in an accident:
- Stay calm and check if anyone is injured; if so call 911 immediately
- Make sure your vehicle is out of harm’s way
- Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved
- Call your insurance company to report the claim
- Exchange information with the other drivers involved such as name, address, phone number, driver’s license number, license plate, insurance company and policy number
- Do not accept a payment from any of the other drivers involved
- Do not sign contracts for a tow truck company or body shop until you speak to your insurer or broker
If you ever have any questions regarding a car accident, don’t hesitate to call your PV&V broker, we are here to help. If you need to speak to your insurer’s claims department after hours, click here.