With the holiday season just around the corner, here are some tips for keeping things safe and enjoyable for everyone.
- Be careful with candles & fireplaces. Don't leave any open flames unattended and be sure you use a fire screen with your fireplace.
- Ensure all your guests have a safe way home; you can arrange taxis or a ride service for them or encourage designated drivers and car pooling
- Keep sidewalks, driveways and walkways clear of snow and ice
- Serve food throughout the evening and have plenty of non alcoholic beverages available
- Watch your holiday lighting, make sure there are no frayed strands of Christmas lights, and be sure to not overload power bars or outlets
- Watch for melting snow and water on the floors in entrance ways and other areas of the house