In Ontario we know that winter can be a rough time of the year to be on the road. We want to make sure you stay safe whether your driving, walking or cycling.
Here are a few small steps you can take to reduce the chance of a winter collision:
- Watch for pedestrians and cyclists on the road
- Plan your trip ahead of time, locate stops and check the weather
- Slow down and leave lots of room for other cars
- Always have a roadside safety kit with you
- Obey road closures
- Share the road and watch out for snowplows
- Scrape the ice, brush the snow and make sure your washer fluid is filled
- Keep your gas tank filled
By paying attention to these small tips, you can make sure you are prepared when disaster strikes.