Your home is one of your most valuable investments. It's also a place you want to feel safe and secure, for you and your family.
Here are some helpful tips and tricks to keep your family and possessions safe and secure.
- Know Your Neighbors: Take the time to get to know your neighbors, and encourage them to keep a look out for suspicious activity when you are out of town
- Lock your doors: Whether you are at home, in the back yard, in the basement or just stepping out, always locking your doors is a simple way to ensure burglars cannot gain access to your home.
- Install Exterior Lighting: Lights are a great deterrent for any would be burglars, porch lights, flood lights or motion sensor lights are a great way to keep your property illuminated.
- Plan for Vacation: If you are going to be away, have someone collect your mail, set your lights on timers and have someone check on your house to make it look lived in.
- Avoid leaving keys outside: Thieves are aware of most common hiding spaces for keys such as mailboxes, planters etc.